Wednesday, June 24, 2009

baby and crime

Well not much has changed. Lincoln is doing well and continues to learn more each day. He still rolls over lots and can even sit up for a few seconds at a time. He also smiles non-stop and has even began giggling, really giggling. He loves licking things and is growing to be huge. He already fits in his 3-6month clothes because he is so tall, but his 0-3month shorts still fall off cause he is skinny. He gets excited everytime I come in the room. The other day I decided to take a bath with him and when he saw that I was getting in he started laughing, giggling and splashing. It was pretty cute. He has also had his first shower with daddy.











As for me I have picked up indexing(geneology) and avoiding the streets. What I mean by this is trying to stay away from scary people for several reasons.
#1 While heading up to my apartment a lady was screaming for help below and I didn't know what to do. Her boyfriend was beating the crap out of her. The cops came and took care of it. Her arm was broken and when I asked her how she was doing her boyfriend got mad at me.
#2 Below my stairs a man in a wheelchair was beat up and thrown out of his chair and dragged across the ground. There was a lot of blood and Scott thinks it was drug related.
#3 Saturday escaped convicts were seen by our complex
#4 FBI is searching our apartment complex and I don't know why
#5 My good friend saw ten black men beating a white guy with boards, she called 911 but I doubt they got there in time.
#6 Where we live is top in the nation for crime and rape.
#7 My other friend was being harrassed by several guys and they wouldn't leave and so the cops were called yet again.

6 comments:

Maria said...

What a cutie. In some pictures he almost looks so grown up! And YIKES about all the scary stuff! Be safe girl! I guess that is one good thing about Rexburg. I know things happen here too but there is somewhat of a nice safe feeling in our little town. Can't wait to get you guys back!

The Hargrave Clan said...

Wow Heather, I am torn between excitement over your cute, cute little boy and sheer terror from the scary crime! Lincoln is ADORABLE though!!! I LOVE the picture of him sitting on the couch where he is wearing his diaper and just smiling like a fool! So cute! But you should seriously consider taking some kind of karate lessons and carry pepper spray at all times! :)

Nate and Chelsea Peck said...

Lincoln is so cute! I love his smiles! You guys be safe, that is scary! We want you to return back to safe rexburg without any harm done!

Nicole said...

That is so scary!!!! I hope things get better! And Lincoln is the cutest little guy, and a Fast developer!!

Katie said...

Those stories you shared at the end of your post are so scary! You should stay off the streets. Stay safe! And Lincoln is getting more and more cute everyday!

walkerbunch said...

Wow! I didn't realize how dangerous it was there. I think I would stay inside too. Lincoln is changing so fast. -What a cutie. I love it when they learn how to giggle. :)