Monday, October 21, 2013

A Busy, Busy Update

Here is one giant rambling of my life!

We have been a busy family lately and I absolutely love it! Owning a home is definitely a lot more work than I remember from last time, 1 1/2 years ago. We know we are going to be living in this house for a long, long time, so taking care of it is our priority. We spent an entire Saturday doing yard work(which was fun!) one night fixing a toilet, another night changing 20 light bulbs, we pressure-washed the drive way, painted a bedroom and a ceiling, have scrubbed every single door down, done countless other things, and now we are building something in the garage.

Scott has been working about ten hours of over time a week, which is awesome because he gets time-and-a-half, but I definitely miss his help those extra hours. As I always say to him, “when you work overtime, so do I!”

Our preschool mornings look something like this: I brush Lincoln’s teeth, do his hair, do my morning cleaning, get ready, dress Mav, feed everyone breakfast, Lincoln does his chores, and then we drive ten minutes to preschool and get there by 8:55.  It is always a race! Usually when I get back all I want to do is sit on my butt and watch TV while Maverick naps…..and I am not too proud to admit, that is exactly what I do.

During Maverick’s second nap, I am either writing blogs for work or starting a new project. It seems to take me forever to finish anything because Lincoln is always there “helping” me. But I enjoy always having something to work on.

I have also been running lately and have two races under my belt, whoop, whoop! I placed second in my age group my first 5k in September, and 3rd on Saturday, but my time improved. Next race is a 10k and then a half-marathon in January. I go to girl’s night on Tuesdays and am so excited for a break that I usually arrive way too early.

This project took me a good two weeks. I sanded, primed 2 layers, painted 2 layers, spray painted the knobs, and then put a sealant over it all. Scott absolutely loves it, but it is a little too antique looking for me. You can’t tell in the pictures. I was just glad to have my dresser back.

IMG_6075IMG_6205

And here are some pictures we took over a month ago when we went to the Mukilteo fireworks. It is still the best fireworks any of us have ever seen and something we will do every single year. Nothing like laying on the beach watching fireworks shot right above your head. We literally couldn’t get any closer.

 

IMG_6093IMG_6099IMG_6104IMG_6108IMG_6110IMG_6114IMG_6117IMG_6118IMG_6121IMG_6124IMG_6127IMG_6129IMG_6134IMG_6135IMG_6136IMG_6145IMG_6151

Alright, Lincoln needs me to go play with him. I swear I had another kid so they could play together, but nope, I still have to pretend to be a transformer….and lately a power ranger.

2 comments:

Nancy said...

I love your dresser, it looks awesome! Also good job running and good luck on her half marathon in January! I'm so excited to run again.

Candace said...

Oh my gosh, the dresser looks awesome!!!