Monday, January 13, 2014

Christmas 2013

Another Christmas has come and gone! I definitely love Christmas and this one was especially special.

We decorated the tree and drinked “fancy eggnog drinks” and the boys both got a new ornament to put on the tree. IMG_8255

We went to a stake Christmas party that was freaking freezing, but Lincoln of course loved it because there was fire involved. IMG_8296

We did our traditional gingerbread-man cookie hunt. He escaped AGAIN while listening to the story. Maybe we will catch him next year.IMG_8303

Lincoln had his first Christmas concert with his preschool. I am definitely thankful that he is apart of a group. He has made two best friends at school and the three of them are glued to eachother. He did such a good job singing and doing all the actions. His teachers adore him!IMG_8318

Made out gingerbread houses. This is five years in a row!IMG_8326IMG_8356

Built a fort under the Christmas tree. I love Maverick’s face in this picture.IMG_8396IMG_8407We went to our ward’s Christmas party where we ate yummy food and met lots of new people. IMG_8420

We also met Santa where Lincoln asked for, “army guys and guns” and Mav sat there while looking at him funny. He of course didn’t cry because this child has no fear of strangers and likes creepy-old-men.IMG_8447IMG_8448

Then a miracle happened a few days before Christmas and it SNOWED! It immediately put me in the Christmas spirit and I turned on the music loudly, made hot-chocolate, and went outside to play. Maverick stood there for a half-hour without moving. It was so weird. He couldn’t quite figure it out. Lincoln played hard and we built a huge snowman.IMG_8455IMG_8465IMG_8474

Christmas eve was fairly laid back. We went out to eat for a fancy dinner and went and saw “Frosted.” It was AMAZING! And Maverick sat through the entire thing. It made us all laugh really hard. We got back, talked with some friends, and then read the Christmas story with the nativity.

Maverick is kicking Lincoln off the couch…..IMG_8588

Here are our presents. There were so many gifts! Scott got in the Christmas spirit and bought me lots of presents along with Lincoln and Maverick. IMG_8602

I woke up on Christmas morning at 5:00. I was so excited I couldn’t sleep. A couple of minutes later Lincoln tip-toed into our room. He asked if Santa came and I told him to go check. I leaned over the balcony to watch him creep down the stairs. He bent down by his toys for about three seconds and ran full-speed up the stairs, “MOM! He came! He came!” I went down to see the toys and he looked through his stocking. Then I crawled back in bed, while he played with his toys and we all waited for Maverick to wake.IMG_8672

Maverick woke up at 7:00 and was happy to see what Santa brought him. He loves noisy trucks and Santa brought him noisy motorcycle. Lincoln got Lincoln logs, army guys, guns, and lots of little things. Oh and a chalkboard. IMG_8687After everyone checked their stockings and played with their toys, I made everyone eat breakfast. Yes, before opening presents. I hate how fast Christmas excitement end, so I was going to make it last longer. IMG_8763

We had muffins, bacon, and eggs. Really simple, but delicious.IMG_8774IMG_8810

Then it was time to open all the presents. We flew through them!IMG_8822IMG_8848IMG_8858

Opening my big present and my favorite, a three nailguns and an air compressor. Yep, I wanted tools!IMG_8886

Scott got a giant TV, 55” blah, blah, blah. But his favorite present was a socket-wrench kit from my parents. Every year they spoil him and make me look bad SmileIMG_8895

The boys with all their presents!IMG_8938IMG_8967IMG_8986

That’s all!

1 comment:

walkerbunch said...

Looks like you guys had a wonderful Christmas. Love all of the pictures. :)