Sunday, May 10, 2009

Lincoln is 1 month old!! Scott's Birthday!! Mother's Day!!

Lincoln is 1 month old
His new Skills and stuff
May 4, his legs are now strong enough to hold himself up
May 7, Lincoln recognizes me and follows me with his eyes. It was so cute, while Scott was feeding Lincoln, Lincoln was staring at me and as I moved he followed me with his eyes.
3 weeks 2 days, follows light without fail for five minutes straight
3 weeks 3 days, babysat for the first time
Only wakes up once during night, this is very good news, he will go five hours without eating and then another four after I feed him. We have him on a pretty strict schedule and it seems to be working.
Continues to roll over from back to belly

Eating is very serious for Lincoln. He grunts the entire time and grabs at his face.

Here is the grumpy eater himself

Eating with his hands on his face



He stretches out his feet and legs and goes really stiff, I think it helps him get more out of the bottle, haha!


Lincoln loves his carrier, so we discovered it works great if we just hang him from a chair. Yea, the chair does the work and we just laugh.

He loves his vibrating chair and he is getting REALLY chubby. Our 1 month baby weighs 8lbs 7oz!!


Scott’s birthday
We ate out at Applebee’s for Scott’s birthday with APX. The next night we had friends over for cake, ice cream, and pizza. Scott got shorts to knock in and a light jacket, and some plates and bowls cause we needed more 


Looking really excited


Celebrating with baby Lincoln


Mother’s Day
I love being a mother and it is the best thing that has ever happened to me. Lincoln is so much fun and keeps me pretty busy. I could watch him all day; he always does something to make me laugh. I am not going to lie, it is hard though, there is very little time for Scott and I. My life revolves around Lincoln and I am soooo thankful we live in North Carolina. I thought I would get depressed living here, but it has been such a blessing. Every single day I go out with my girlfriends and I haven’t had a moment to even think about getting depressed. We have wives dinners once a week, scrapbooking day, movie night, shopping day, and history day. We also hang out at the pool and talk and talk. I love the people here and have already tried convincing Scott to live here permanently.
Mama and baby
We chill at the pool




We chill at weekly barbeques


We do laundry together


Scott and I on Mother’s day

4 comments:

The Hargrave Clan said...

Wow your life is so busy! That is great, Heather! It sounds like I need to move to North Carolina too!

Katie said...

I haven't checked your blog forever. I love those pictures of you and your cute little guy. I especially love the picture of you and him where he is yawning. So cute. Happy Mother's Day! Love you.

Mel Brown said...

Lincoln is such a cute little guy. I can't believe he is 8lbs. I can't wait to see him when you get back. It sounds like you are all having a good time out there. I have been meaning to call you, but life has been busy! eek. But i'm so happy for you and scott and lincoln. Love you!

JONES GANG!!! said...

i love you guys so much and iam so glad motherhood is awesome. it is so much fun being a mom hu. i love it everyday and i get so sad when i have to leave them sometimes with a babysitter cuz my boys and i are like hooked together. i dont know what i would do without my boys. Your little bud is so darn cute and it makes me want another. i think iam scared to have another misscarige. i cant handle it. but maybe someday i will have another.we miss you guys lots. love ya tons from Kansas.