Monday, November 29, 2010

Halloween

What a darling Monkey?

When I first got Lincoln his costume I was thrilled! He was not. In fact he was horrified of it! I put him in it and he was so scared he was shaking and could hardly breathe he was crying so hard.

IMG_1085

So I created a plan: I made him sleep in his Monkey slippers every night.

IMG_1035

And I taught him that he had to wear a hat to go outside. Well this hat, turned into a Monkey hat.

IMG_1055

By Halloween he was trained and I had myself the cutest monkey ever!

IMG_1075

On Halloween I told my family that we were going to a Hay Maze! I was excited!

IMG_1146

We all went our separate ways to start our adventure. I decided to play a trick on Scott and hide behind a bale and then jump out at him. Well, my plan failed when he turned the wrong way and never crossed my path. I ended up running down the lanes screaming for him and Lincoln. I was lost and all alone.

IMG_1100

10 minutes later I found my family and we all worked together. I convinced my nephews to crawl through holes in the hay and cheat. An hour and a half later we were still lost, hadn’t seen Scott and were convinced that this entire Maze was a big scam and had no end. So we did what we needed to do.

IMG_1133-1

We climbed on top

IMG_1130-1

and found the end. Alright, I’ll be honest. We found the end, but when we got down we were lost again. Thankfully Scott made it our way (he had completed it twice by now) and led us out.

IMG_1135

In the end, they all blamed me for saying the correct way was a dead end. I just rolled my eyes because when has anyone ever listened to me?

Costumes!

I bought my costume and told Scott he needed one too. He refused to buy his and said he wanted to be “Windy Guy”. I really tried to be understanding, but the whole costume sounded a bit weird to me. He asked if I could call my mom and get a wire coat hanger. So I did,

Me: Mom do you have a wire coat hanger?

Mom: What do you need a coat hanger for?

Me: (sigh) Scott’s making his costume

Mom: I’m sorry

Well turns out his idea was fantastic and everyone loved it!

So here is WINDY GUY

IMG_1181

IMG_1184

Here is the fairy

IMG_1191

IMG_1197-1

and here is our family

IMG_1166

Trick or Treating

Now one monkey is cute BUT two monkeys are basically candy in a bag. Everyone was so excited to see these lil monkeys trick or treating together. They were a big hit.

IMG_1228

IMG_1232

Now Cohen(aka Monkey 1) was taught how to trick or treat the right way. He would grab handfuls of candy and put them in his bucket. Lincoln (aka Monkey 2) was not so smart. He grabbed the crappiest candy and immediately started eating it.

IMG_1243

Cute family with Monkey 1

IMG_1251

After hitting up a random trunk or treat (hahaha) we went to our ward neighborhood.

By the end of the night we had a bag full of chewed up candy and a lil boy who now is obsessed with fairy wands.

IMG_1301

I have since replaced it with a stick and Scott has begun calling him Harry Plotter.

IMG_1299

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks a lot for writing this, it was unbelieveably informative and told me a ton.