Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Lincoln, Jason and Jack

A few weeks ago Lincoln decided he no longer wanted to be called Lincoln. When we would ask him his name, he would say, “I don’t know, but I’m not Lincoln!” It drove us insane because every time we would say his name he would yell, “I’m not Lincoln!” but could never give us a name to call him.

Then we went on a hike with my good friend Candace and her family. Candace is Lincoln’s primary, singing teacher. He LOVES her and she is definitely his very first crush! I guess he likes his ladies a little older(like 25 years older). He is always telling me how “cute Candace is” and he colors her pictures all the time.

We went looking for our first Geocache as a family and invited Candace (a Geocache is basically a treasure hunt for grown-ups using a GPS to navigate).

This is Lincoln and Kristy in the hobbit house.IMG_4238

Finding the treasure!

IMG_4220 IMG_4223 IMG_4224

What is in it?!?!?!

IMG_4229 IMG_4230 Lincoln picked out an eye-patch

IMG_4231

Kristy is so stinkin’ cute! Her and Lincoln are great friends and are always wrestling and playing hard. IMG_4233 IMG_4234 IMG_4237

Walking out on a fallen tree!IMG_4254

Scott and Mav trying to find the treasure.IMG_4226

Me and Candace

IMG_4240 IMG_4241

Our little family!

 IMG_4246

IMG_4252IMG_4251

Alright, so this is Candace’s family. Kristy is almost five, Joel is two and Jason is her husband. This was the first time Lincoln had really met Jason.

IMG_4247 IMG_4248 IMG_4249 When we got home from the hike and had all settled down, I asked Lincoln to do something. He replied “I’m not Lincoln, my name is Jason”.

Yep, that’s right. He FINALLY picked a name and it just happened to be Candace’s husband’s name.

Lincoln Jason said, “I’m a little bit married to Candace”.

The good news is after about a week, he stopped telling us his name is Jason. The bad news is he now wants to be called “Jack” and we can’t figure out where he has ever heard that name.

2 comments:

Nancy said...

Haha! That's so funny! Kids sure do weird things sometimes, hopefully he decides that his name is Lincoln again. At least before he goes to school :)

Candace said...

Ohhh Lincoln, I'm so flattered! I'll have to come kidnap him and take him out on a "date!" We had SO much fun on the hike!!