Friday, June 14, 2013

The Zoo

Over a month ago, my mom drove 14 hours by herself to come and visit us. She came on a Thursday and Lincoln kept track of every day, making sure she didn’t leave before her time was up. He would hold up his hand and say, “Four more days grandma is here to give me stuff” and he was spoiled every single day with presents, cookies, chocolate, toys, clothes, food and lots of hugs and kisses.

One of the days landed on Scott’s birthday and he  requested a visit to the zoo. We had a lot of fun and ate the best chicken tacos I have ever had in my life. Unfortunately, I have a three-hour-zoo limit and after five hours, I left never wanting to see or smell another animal in my life again, unless it is on my plate for dinner.

The rest of my mom’s trip was a blast. We went to the ocean, on a little hike, lots of shopping and played outside. After she left, both boys slept 14 hours that night and took naps. She wore us all out! Lincoln cried and was emotional for about two days because he missed her so much.

Here are some pictures from the zoo! Lincoln wouldn’t let anyone push the stroller but my mom and somehow I still managed to not take any pictures of her the entire trip. I am awesome like that.IMG_4848 IMG_4794 IMG_4806 IMG_4809 IMG_4810 IMG_4812 IMG_4815 IMG_4816 IMG_4817 IMG_4819 IMG_4821 IMG_4824 IMG_4831  IMG_4839 IMG_4840 IMG_4841

No comments: