Monday, May 12, 2014

Lincoln turned five!

This year I decided to keep Lincoln's birthday simple. Last year he got a friend party, so this year we did one as a family. When I asked what type of cake he wanted he automatically said, "An army cake." I began browsing cakes and found some cool fondant ones, but he didn't like any of them. He wanted soldiers fighting, so that's what I did! 

This was definitely a very fun and easy birthday. We took him to the movies, went to eat somewhere fancy, Olive Garden, and then went home for cake and presents. 

I tend to spend waaaaay too much on presents, so this year I kept the toys to a minimal, and spent most of our money on nice clothes and shoes instead. He got 4 new pairs of shoes! Haha! 

He was very excited about his presents, but his favorite was the legoes from grandma Jones. 



He also got a lot of craft things that we can do together. I always feel like new toys are played with for about a week before being shoved away in the closet, so I wanted to give him things that would work better as memorable moments. Grandma Roberts obliged and got him markers and shirts, so he could color on his clothes. 

It was a fun birthday! Lincoln is definitely my little angel; he is so thoughtful of others. We sure so love him!

1 comment:

walkerbunch said...

Happy birthday Lincoln!