Wednesday, June 9, 2010

An Update on Life

This weather had really gotten me down. I haven’t felt much like blogging when nothing too exciting has been going on. I mean honestly, how many times can I blog about the bike rides we go on? Nah, boring!

Mckay graduated from High School! We are so proud of him and excited for his next adventures in life. First a mission and then he wants to join the army after.

Lincoln 13-14months 156

Yay for Mckay!

Lincoln 13-14months 151 Proud Parents!

Lincoln 13-14months 155 Proud brother and family

Lincoln 13-14months 153 and proud sisters! Where are their faces?! Lets just say my dad took this picture and leave it at that. I am wearing really cute boots though…..hmmm

On an exciting note, I got to see my best friend Chantell at his graduation! Her little brother Steven was graduating. It was so fun to see her and her adorable little Jack. Lincoln apparently wants out of the picture.

Lincoln 13-14months 146

Birthday Time: I turned 22! I feel sooo old! Every Birthday at the end I cry to Scott about how much I hate growing up and he tries to convince me that I will never grow up and for some strange reason I find it comforting. Though I think he is being secretly mean….

Birthday Girl!

Lincoln 13-14months 194

We went and ate at this new Chinese place in town for FREE! If you were special you got an invitation to come and try out all the food. Of course we had to call someone special to get it :) we also went to the movie “Date Night” very funny and very crude and not recommended to anyone by me….and my birthday present came!

A Kelty 3.0 Hiking Child Carrier! I was beyond excited. I have wanted one of these FOREVER! And I finally convinced Scott to get one. It was really expensive, but I believe we will use it well. If you want to HIKE with us, call us! It is hard to find people who will go, apparently not everyone thinks hiking is fun, I guess they find it boring and tiring. Who would have thought?

Lincoln 13-14months 193

First Hike with our new hiking device!

Lincoln 13-14months 188 

Lincoln thought it was awesome! He kept sticking his hand through and poking Scott and laughing really hard. He loved it clear up until I put it on and then he was MAD! He did not want to be on mom’s back! Maybe he doesn’t trust me?

Lincoln 13-14months 172 Lincoln 13-14months 182

So we saw tons of wild life on our hike. Deer, lizards and THE BIGGEST SNAKE IN THE WORLD! Alright, small exaggeration, but it was the biggest snake I have ever seen in my life! It was like five or six feet long! I couldn’t get a full picture because it was too long and hiding in the dang bushes. This is Scott with his foot near the end of it.

Lincoln 13-14months 197 Lincoln 13-14months 196

Sand Dunes:

We went to the sand dunes for the first time as a family. Lincoln’s feet would sink and he couldn’t walk in the sand and wanted to either sit or be held.

Lincoln 13-14months 175 Lincoln 13-14months 180

My boys! Lincoln has become a daddy’s boy these last few weeks. It is a little sad when he wants dad instead of me. He has never been like this, I have always been the favorite! I have to admit, it is a nice break from holding him, but still I want to be the favorite!

Lincoln 13-14months 179

Scott’s Big Butt jumping over us.

Lincoln 13-14months 184 And Last but definitely not least….

A Lincoln Update:

I swear Lincoln turned one and got smart! He amazes me every day with each new thing he learns.

1 year stats: A little late :)

Height: 75%

Weight: 32%

Head:20%

Removal of the pants

Lincoln 13-14months 166

Climbing:

Lincoln 13-14months 142

Lincoln 13-14months 147

He even climbed into the portable crib. Unfortunately (for him) he was unable to climb out.

Lincoln 13-14months 157

Pointing and saying bird. He said “bir, bir” until we tried to teach him the “d” at the end and now he say “d,d”. Dumb Parents!

 Lincoln 13-14months 163

A view of what my life looks like….WAIT! This isn’t new! Sorry :)

Lincoln 13-14months 149

BUT, A miracle has happened! Lincoln discovered a new obsession, and that is cars. When he wakes up I pull him out of his crib and he runs to the toy room and begins playing cars. For hours! This has made everything easier. Bath time, give him a few cars and he is good playing in the water while I get ready. Diaper time, give him a car and he hardly notices his pants are off. Lunch time, give him a car and he doesn’t get bored and finishes his food. and believe it or not, Church! We took his cars this last Sunday and he made it through church without a single tear (except when he fell off the bench and cut his head on the hymn book holder) and it was because he played cars the entire time. Speaking of Church, a few Lincoln stories. I will add these to the Lincoln Funnies tab.

-We took Lincoln to nursery to give it a try. He is only 14 months and we wanted to check it out. He apparently is a little young. When everyone grabbed their rug to sit on, Lincoln started pushing his around like a car. As soon as a child left his rug Lincoln would flip it over upside down. This upset one little boy who followed Lincoln around flipping the rugs right. When coloring time came Lincoln and all the kids sat at the table coloring, Lincoln ate his. He would color for half a second and then continue chewing.

-I took him to Young Womens with me and set a container of cereal and chocolate chips between his lap. He would try to get the chocolate chips and if he got cereal he would throw it behind his shoulder. I eventually sat behind him so I could clean up the continuous stream of flying cereal.

-He was playing cars in class and the Bishop was sitting behind him. Lincoln would chuck his car at the Bishop and go “UH OH” and start laughing.

 

Riding his bike at the Mall.. He liked it but obviously didn’t think it was too thrilling. Daddy’s dirt bike makes more noise.

Lincoln 13-14months 165

Lincoln 13-14months 170 

Lincoln 13-14months 189 

I love this little guy! Aren’t his matching socks adorable?

Lincoln 13-14months 144

Alright, this update was intended to be not wordy and short. I will end with this:

Lincoln 13-14months 162

4 comments:

Katie said...

In the picture of your for your birthday, you look so much like Denell. So cute! Looks like you guys have been up to all kinds of fun things, sand dunes, hiking... Lincoln is getting cuter and cuter all the time. :)

The Mangone Family said...

I could be wrong (most likely not), but I swear you are 23??!!!

Maria said...

Great pictures! And I want to go hiking!!!!! We might slow you guys down with a 3 year old that will be walking and not to mention I am pretty inexperienced. Ty used to hike all the time though. You have to let us know some of your favorite places to hike so maybe we can get some practice!

Oh and I am thinking of doing a yard sale again sometime soon. AND this time you wont have to haul all my junk, we got a van that actually works!

JONES GANG!!! said...

i hate the pic of me with Mckay!!! do i really look that fat? also i love how Lincoln LOVES my bed, iam coming over to take it cuz iam jealiouse everyone is using it except for me. Also iam pretty sure you like my bed!!! cuz you take alot of pics of it. hehehe cute blog post!