Wednesday, July 6, 2011

What Makes the Perfect 4th of July?

Well, it involves a mixture of very little planning, a movie, some sledding, lighting fireworks, fun and the traditional morning parade!

We started the day out by going to the parade. Lincoln was thrilled that random people in vehicles were throwing him candy!  july edit

fourth edit

IMG_4973

Next we went to “Rio”

I LOVED “Rio”! It was the first movie Lincoln has gone to that was age appropriate. He sat in his own chair and didn’t move for an entire hour. When the birds got kidnapped, he got all sad and said, “Oh no, sad birdy”. When the birds kissed he said, “EWWWWWWW!”. He laughed at the funny parts and commented on his favorite parts.

I recommend that movie to everyone! The music was cute, the story sweet and overall adorable! I am going to buy it!

Next we sat on the porch and threw pop rocks. We went through 6 boxes really fast.fourth 2

fourth 5

fourth edit 2

fourth 4

Lincoln and his dad

IMG_4996

Then Lincoln peed out all over his clothes and all over my pants. (This is us in our peed clothes, it looked like I wet my pants too)IMG_5045

I wore grandma’s pants, and he wore grandma’s shirt. Just two dorks!fourth 7

Then Papa pulled out the sled and the real fun started! Need I say anymore?IMG_5069

IMG_5081

IMG_5082

Papa was heartless! When you fell off, you FLEW off!IMG_5084

I gave no mercy for the old man. I made sure he was off in no time!IMG_5071

Scott got dumped several times and had a few bruises to show for it!IMG_5092

IMG_5087

IMG_5096

Even grandma joined in on the fun!IMG_5097

Lincoln has amazing balance! That little dude was born for sports like “Grass Sledding”. One day, I just KNOW he is going to go professional!IMG_5130 IMG_5131 We watched the sun set and got excited for FIREWORKS!fourth 8

fourth 9

fourth 11

fourth 10

Fire Works!

Lincoln is a little pyro. He lit a match on his own and it scared the crap out of me. The entire time he wanted to light the fireworks and play with the matches.IMG_5149

IMG_5150

Next year I am buying him 2 dozen sparklers because 1 dozen wasn’t enough.IMG_5140

The firework he picked out was a motorcycle. When we lit it, he attempted to pick it up. He wasn’t too thrilled that we fried his toy.IMG_5153

      Overall, it was the perfect day.  I am not sure why it was, but it was.

Maybe because there were no plans

Maybe it was dragging my dad and mom behind a sled

Perhaps it was lighting fire and blowing things up

Or, maybe I finally understand what living in a free country really means.

Bet, I am guessing it was being surrounded by the people I love the most.                

1 comment:

Nancy said...

AWESOME! I need to try that grass sledding sometime! Sounds like a blast! You guys always have such creative activities!! It definitely sounds like a perfect day! Spontaneous/little planned days are the best!