Monday, February 13, 2012

Goodbye Idaho. Hello Washington.

Two weeks ago we drove 12 hours to our new home in Washington. After a few days we got all settled in and started our new lives here.

People keep asking me if I am homesick or depressed and I can’t help but show a little attitude when I answer. No I don’t exactly want to be here, but I am not crying in my bedroom feeling sorry for myself. That’s just dumb. Everyone acts like I'm never going to see my family or friends again. I didn’t die! I didn’t move to the end of the earth! We are going to visit my parents in two months and most of my siblings I only see about once a month or less anyways.

The only thing I have missed so far is Idaho. I am not use to winding roads or hills and it makes me want to vomit whenever I am in the car. We drive up a mountain to get to our home and if there was any ice on the road it would be impossible to get up. All the trees make me feel incredibly claustrophobic and I hate that I can’t see where I am. Trees should be in the distance, not on top of me! I hate how the skies are always cloudy and that it rains every single day here. Yes, Idaho was freezing cold but there were lots of blue skies and sunshine. I don’t even know why I bother to straighten my hair, with the humidity my hair is constantly frizzy and if the humidity doesn’t get it the rain does. Yet I know I will adjust and eventually I will hate how flat and ugly my old town was, but for now I am missing it.

As for life here, it basically feels like life in Idaho. I do mom and wife things. Go for walks. Eat. You get it. Although, now that I am not working I get to spend every minute with Lincoln and I love it! Also, with Scott’s business I only spend a few hours a day away from him.

Our Apartment has been a huge adjustment for me. I was spoiled in my old house. As soon as we were done packing I decorated the entire house and that helped a lot. A house can’t be a home until you make it one. We are only going to be here until June, but I wasn’t about to live with naked walls.

I do Love my kitchen! It has lots of counter space and is huge.

IMG_7769  Lincoln has become an extreme mommy’s boy. I love it!  He won’t let Scott do anything. We were in the store and I was the only one allowed to push his cart. Only I can sit by him on the couch and every thing I do he is right by my side doing it with me. IMG_7772

IMG_7775

IMG_7780

IMG_7750

Anyways, we are alive and well. Life is good and we are more than happy. 

1 comment:

walkerbunch said...

Glad to hear that all is well. :)