Saturday, October 6, 2012

Glow in the Dark Bathroom

The other day, Lincoln came up to me with a glow stick and asked me what it was. We have had it in our emergency kit for like EVER so I decided to break it open for him. Maverick had just gone down for a nap, and with plenty of time we went in the bathroom to see it glow. After a few minutes, I got a little bored and was like, “What the heck, let’s have some real fun!” and I got the kitchen knife.

We cut it open, dumped it in some glasses and began painting the bathroom tub and flicking it all over the shower walls.IMG_1658 IMG_1642 It was AWESOME! I felt like I was in the sky staring at the stars just like on the Peter Pan ride at Disney Land!IMG_1646We stood there playing and painting and having a blast for a couple of hours. It is probably the most fun I have had with Lincoln inside our apartment yet. We both were in “awe”.IMG_1651

Everything was going great until my head started to hurt and I realized we were probably suffocating ourselves in the fumes! Or worse….dare I say it….. getting high?

IMG_1657

EEEEEEK! Worst mom award—right here.

I turned on the fans but we were still dying. I opened the windows, still dying! And then I brought on the 409 and scrubbed every last inch of the bathroom and was….still dying! The rag was letting off plenty of fumes, so it went into the washer and finally we could breathe!

I can’t recommend doing it cause you might die from the fumes but it was totally fun!

No comments: