Thursday, December 20, 2012

Gingerbread Week

Every year I have done the 25 days of Christmas, but I always felt overwhelmed and tied down. This year, I decided to do week themes where I could be more flexible. The first week of December, we did gingerbread crafts.

Gingerbread Ornaments: Just takes glue, applesauce and cinnamon.

 IMG_2543 IMG_2544 IMG_2547 We used a straw to poke a hole in the top. While I was taking care of Maverick, Lincoln poked multiple holes in every single one. We had to start all over, but I decided to save one of his creations.IMG_2562

For family home evening we made gingerbread cookies and one gingerbread man cookie. While reading Lincoln the book about the gingerbread man, I snuck out the gingerbread man cookie and hid him. When the oven timer went off, we went and checked in the oven and Lincoln was so excited to see that the gingerbread man was gone!! But he had left some picture clues and we began our scavenger hunt. IMG_2724

Lincoln was awesome at this game (cough, cough), he would find a clue and run to some other random object. Example: “Hey mom, look a picture of the toilet!” and then he would run to the kitchen table. IMG_2720 IMG_2721

Finally we found the gingerbread man in the refrigerator!IMG_2723

Making Gingerbread houses! We have done this every Christmas since Lincoln was born. I made the gingerbread house pieces myself and then HOT-GLUED them together, seriously best idea ever.IMG_2841 IMG_2842 IMG_2843 IMG_2847

We also played some gingerbread man learning games.

Counting Gingerbread MenIMG_2948IMG_2949 

Match the Gingerbread Gg on the TreeIMG_2944

Gingerbread Men Size SortingIMG_2945

Painting our gingerbread Men ornamentsIMG_2947

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

Very creative! You are an awesome mom. And I have to ask for your gingerbread house recipe every time I've tried it crumbles... it's probably my fault! :-P MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!