Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Grinch Christmas Party

I have been wanting to throw Lincoln a friend party forever, so I decided to do a Christmas party for him.

The Greedy, Green Grinch Party: Wear green, bring a green treat and a present to share!

IMG_3081

I started off telling the story of “How the Grinch stole Christmas” and I showed them pictures from the book they could color. They colored for like two minutes and got bored, haha!

Grinch Bingo:

IMG_3073

When they won, they got “Grinch Pills”

IMG_3085 IMG_3115

Pin the heart on the Grinch: Lincoln wanted to pin the heart on his face, and he nailed it!IMG_3080 IMG_3076

 IMG_3081IMG_3087

For the Grinch Juice, I blended seven up and ice-cream with a touch of green food coloring. For the cups I put corn syrup around the rim and dipped it in sugar I dyed green.IMG_3088IMG_3096IMG_3099 IMG_3102    I filled a platter with green fruit and vegetables: Apples, celery, pears, broccoli, grapes, kiwis and cucumbers.IMG_3091

Mav wearing his green Christmas shirt.IMG_3106Present time: We played music and they passed the gifts around until the music stopped. Or at least that was the plan, Mindy and I passed the gifts around while they tried to open every present they got. After several confused seconds we gave up and let them open them. Lincoln was SO HAPPY!

 IMG_3108 IMG_3109 IMG_3111

It was a blast and I will probably do it again next year!

3 comments:

Audrey said...

um, this is awesome! you did such a great job-i love all the cute little activities and drinks!

walkerbunch said...

Really cute party. I love the Grinch pills. :)

Nancy said...

What a fun idea!! You did such a great job! I was going to do a "grinch dinner" but I don't know if it's going to happen now with the craziness of life.