Friday, June 26, 2015

Boating and Fireworks



These last couple of days have been fun and exhausting! 

Yesterday my day started out with spending some time with my sweet friend and co-worker Angel. One of my graduated students desperately needed a ride to Seattle to have a tattoo removed. This particular student doesn't have a huge support system, and I have been wanting to be "mom" to him for awhile. I finally got the chance! (This is huge! I love opportunities to serve and share love). To keep things ethical, I asked Angel to come along with me. She's about half my size, but she has twice the heart. Oh my goodness! She is amazing with my children! I'm talking super mom; wiping faces, holding hands, carrying Maverick, and completely taking care of them. It was like a stress-free vacation with her. As my student went to the doctor, we went out to eat and then walked over to Baskin Robbins for some ice cream. Every couple of minutes Angel was melting over my boys' adorableness, and soon her camera was out taking more pictures. 

Gag! She's annoyingly awesome.


When we got home, we immediately got the boat ready to go. Angel decided not to come, but my close friend(and next-door neighbor) Kara  came with her daughter Allison. It was by far my favorite trip this year.

Kara went tubing with me, and she is just as crazy as me! At one point, I jumped from my tube to hers, and I was laughing so hard, I physically couldn't get off of her. I'm sure it looked all sorts of awkward, but it was totally worth it when we eventually flew off into the water laughing tears.

Next was Lincoln's turn, and boy has he gotten brave! Scott and him did some pretty crazy tubing together. He was laughing along with Scott as they swung in and out of the waves.  It was cute to see Scott and him tubing together; a small glimpse of our future boating years.

Then came Maverick's turn. He has surprised us with his sudden love for tubing, and he begged to go almost the entire time. I'm just so relieved that he is embracing our family sport! He went with Lincoln and Allison a few times, and I had to drag him out of the tube to get a turn! 

After we had all taken a beating on the tubes, we pulled out the wakeboards. I really, really love wakeboarding. I then convinced Kara to try it out. She was a little intimidated about trying since she has never been able to get up. I reassured her that I'm the best teacher ever(because I am) and pretty soon she was up! I was screaming so loud when she stood up that I'm positive that I was significantly more excited than she was. But I was just so proud of her! Then Scott went, and we both glared in jealousy as he jumped the wake and did fancy tricks that nobody knows the names of.

Then we went again today! I invited another friend of mine along with her husband and twin daughters. The day was a little stressful since our boat got searched, and we were missing several important documents and safety devices. Thankfully I have this gift of getting out of tickets, and so the officer let us get on the lake. 

We tubed, wakeboarded, and then went swimming. Probably my favorite thing to do while boating, is swim. It sounds simple, and maybe even boring, but I  Iove it. I'll just swim back and forth and lay in the water on my back and let my thoughts escape. It is incredibly therapeutic to me and freeing. Scott usually sits and gets tanner (lame!). Lincoln is like me, and is a little fish! Whereas Maverick can't handle the cold water, so he'll sit in the tube. 

On our way back, Scott got pulled over by the boat police(that sounds funny) and I had to work my magic powers to get out of a ticket...again. 

Once we finally made it back home, we took a break before I dragged everyone to buy fireworks at the reservation. I know that people say men love fireworks, but I'm the one that forces Scott to spend money on them. It is Lincoln's favorite holiday, so we bought a lot of big ones this year. I can't wait for the 4th! I'm sooooooo excited!!! Eeeeeeee! My good friend from work Tracy runs a stand with her husband, so we of course had to stop there to load up and say hi. 

After our fireworks were bought, we headed to the car and waited for a firework show to start. The boys played a little before, and then the fun began. 


Scott said it was the most intense firework show he has ever seen. At first it was just a few at a time, but the last 20 minutes was a straight finale. It was amazing! I was laughing and smiling so big that my face hurt; it was exactly what I needed. 

Now I'm laying in bed in complete pain! I'm sore and sunburnt. Isn't that the best type of pain; the pain that comes from a couple of days of playing hard? I've been craving the chance to laugh and have fun with Scott desperately, and I'm so thankful this weekend was filled with such genuine happiness. Awwwwwe. It feels good and reminds me of why I love my Scott so much. 

No comments: