Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Stuffed Animals

Today the boys and I relaxed and sat around being lazy. Actually, if I'm being honest, I was the lazy one. I kept getting distracted by my amazing friend Adrianne and suddenly half my day was spent texting! Speaking of Adrianne, she invited me on a trip with her in two weeks, and I am beyond excited! I have never left my boys in 6 years. (Scott has taken Lincoln on campouts though, so I suppose I have spent the night alone.) This is going to be something new for me, and if it wasn't her asking me to go, I would probably say no. 

Anyways, back to my lazy day...I was feeling guilty for basically ignoring my kids, so we went to the park and got lunch at the school. While we were at the school, they gave out free stuffed animals. All these kids ran up to get one, and my two were shoved to the back. I have the most timid children ever! After almost every stuffed animal was gone, I finally went up there with them. Lincoln grabbed one, but maverick stood in front of the table with his hands clasped together and the sweetest face. He just stared at the animals with complete awe. I asked if he wanted one, and he gently nodded his head. I pointed to the turtle, and he nodded his head again. When I handed it into his arms, he instantly squeezed it tight and smiled huge. 

Sometimes I get frustrated by their shyness, but I'm thankful they aren't the aggressive kids shoving their way to the front with little regard for people around them. They are both very aware of other children's emotions and feelings. When I think about it, if the only thing I teach my children is to love people around them, then I will have succeeded as a mom. That's always been my main goal; loving without judgement. So far my boys are succeeding at emulating this type of love.

Here they are with their stuffed animals. Can they be any cuter? Heck no! Man I love them. 

No comments: