Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Spring Break mini vacation


The first weekend of spring break I took my boys to visit my friend Adrianne. She lives a few hours away, and every couple of months we drive to the coast for a mini vacation. She's kinda become my family since I don't have any relatives that live near us(except Scotts parents). It's something that I have had to adjust to since living here. When you don't have your siblings or parents close by, you have to make your friends your family. I live the furthest from my parents, and it can be hard sometimes to not be a part of the action, or be able to swing by for the weekend. I don't think you can understand it unless you live permanently 14 hours or more away. 

When we got there, the boys both got a big Easter basket! She's basically the fun aunt...or the grandma. After looking through their baskets, Lincoln got to open up his birthday present from her. It was all his favorite things; Legos and baseballs. She seriously is an amazing friend! I've never had my boys be so spoiled by a person before. 

We got there late Thursday night, so I spent the next few hours trying to get them to bed, but they were too excited! I think they fell asleep around midnight...and then woke up at 6am the next morning. Soooooo exhausting! 

The next day, we drove to Olympia and went to this fun jump place! I think Adrianne had to call it quits because crawling through tunnels was too hard on her old body ;)

On Saturday we went to the beach. We walked what felt like a mile to the waves to get water for our sand castles. Right when I got up to the water, a gigantic wave came. I started waddling away as fast as my 7-month pregnant legs could go, but the wave caught me and drenched my shoes and pants. Then after all the hard work of getting some water, I sat down to take off my shoes, set the bucket in the sand, and Maverick came over and dumped it. 

After building our sand castles, which Maverick grumpily offered to step on his (that I built) because it wasn't nearly as cool as Lincoln's, we decided to roast some marshmallows. Adrianne is kind of a princess, and I've been trying to get her to go camping with me. Well, she said if I could light a fire, she would go. After the first failed attempt, I got sand in the lighter. After fixing the lighter, I tried again. The flames kept dying! Determined to get it right, I went off to find some kindle. When I got back, she had a blazing fire. All she had to do was rearranged some sticks(eye roll). 

The rest of the trip we spent relaxing, and the boys were both sad to say goodbye. It will be awhile before we can go back since baby is due soon, but hopefully during the fall we can visit again!  

No comments: