Monday, April 6, 2009

39 weeks, baby showers, and nerves!

Back in December my best friends threw me a "friend shower" it was lots of fun and had amazing decorations. However, I didn't take ANY pictures and I was really bumbed out about it. Anyways, my next showers I made sure to take pictures!

Tuesday night my Young Women threw me a baby shower. It was a blast! They made me a quilt, a blanket, and lots and lots of bibs and burp clothes. We played games, ate food, and just had a great time. I was so happy that they would do this for me. I love all my girls and feel so greatful to work with such great leaders.

Me helping out on Lincoln's quilt!

The girls working away

Playing games

Hannah and I just being goofy!


Thursday night my mom threw me another shower for family and friends. The food was by far the best part (maybe cause I'm pregnant). Again we played games, talked, and just had fun. I got lots of presents and seriously can't think of anything else I could possibly need. I have everything a baby needs; cribs, changer, matress, breast pump, bath tubs, clothes, blankets, stroller, carseat, nursery songs and everything else! I am so excited and feel more than prepared for my Lincoln to get here. Thanks everyone for being sooo supportive. I really feel blessed to have such good friends and family.

Everyone that came!


Just a few of my favorite people!


Me with some of my presents




wonderful food

My mom finished Lincoln's blessing blanket!! It is absolutely beautiful. She also got me his blessing outfit, a bunch of other outfits, and a basket of random things a baby might need. Thanks mom for a great shower and all the presents!


Yes, I am 39 weeks pregnant(tomorrow) and feel huge. I am so ready to be done that it is difficult to sit here. Well, tomorrow is the day I get induced and I am beyond nervous. Last night I started crying because you just never know what can go wrong during labor. I feel like my life is just too good for labor to go smooth. Scott gave me a blessing to help comfort me and it really has. I am as ready as I can possibly be and pray that tomorrow goes well. My doctor's appointment went well, I am still dialated to a 4 and 100% effaced (seriously! how long can anyone be dialated to a 4, I thought that meant you were in labor). So, here are my last belly pictures! Wish me luck!

4 comments:

Katie said...

How fun! Good luck tomorrow. I'll make sure and keep you in my prayers. You are going to be a great mom!

walkerbunch said...

I read on Karie's blog that Lincoln made it here. -I'm glad everything went well. I hope both of you are in good health. I'm dying to see some pictures. Take care!

Anjanette said...

You are going to be a great mom, Heather! I can't wait to see pictures of little Lincoln. Hope it all goes well!

Chantell Hammond said...

Showers are the best! I'm so sorry I couldn't be there, but I got your back. I'll be needing your address as soon as you have one. I love the picture of you on here with your dad in the back ground playing with his deer. It made me smile, that is so your dad.