Friday, April 24, 2009

Our Sick Little Boy






Lincoln has given us plenty to worry about since before he was born. Besides driving to North Carolina there has only been 1 day that Lincoln hasn't been in the hospital. Tuesday I went shopping with a bunch of my girlfriends. We were walking in the mall and one of my friends was holdng Lincoln. I happened to look over and saw that his face was dark blue. At first I thought it was a shadow, but I quickly saw that it was getting darker. I grabbed him and started to try and alert him. His entire body was blue. It took a minute before he got his color back and he was still purple blotchy over his entire body. He was completely out still even though he was breathing so we rubbed wetwipes over his body and did all we could to get him to come to(I am guessing he was passed out) about seven minutes later he would slowly open his eyes. I started bawling and called my doctor in Idaho. He told me to take Lincoln to an urgent care emediately. We did and he stopped breathing again twice while they were looking at him(he didn't turn blue though). They then ambulanced him to the emergency room where they began running EVERY test possible. I was able to control myself so I could stay by his side. They wouldn't let me feed him for seven hours and he screamed most of the time. He had 3 IV's and was given shot after shot. I can't even begin to explain how horrible I felt for my baby. Eventually we were given a room and I was allowed to feed him. Well the verdict is Lincoln has two problems with his heart. #1, his heart has a hole in it, but many people live completly normal lives with holes in their hearts. #2Lincoln's heart has an extra beat, but by seven months he should grow out of it. They kept us in the hospital tuesday-thursday and eventually there was nothing else they could do for him. He will be fine we just need to make sure he remembers to breath!!

1 comment:

Nate and Chelsea Peck said...

That must have been so scary!! We hope Lincoln's doing better! We'll keep him in our prayers...Take good care of that cute little guy!