Monday, March 8, 2010

11 Months Old

Lincoln is now 11 months old and he is just as cute as ever. I am so excited for his first birthday in a month. I have been planning it for awhile now and I can't wait. Lincoln is doing really good, he is really happy and I find myself thanking heavenly father every night for sending me the perfect baby. Well I have decided to start off this post with Lincolns nicknames that we have called him in his 11 months of life:
-Binky Baby
-Binxter
-Linxter
-Monkey
-Lil Man
-Munchkie
-Lil Monster(used more than his name)
-Bubbo
-Baby
-Buddy
-Turtle
-Billy Goat
-Puppy
-Fishy


A little about my Lincoln:

He is signing! Finally he is catching on and leanring to communicate! A few signs he has done several times:
-Please
-More
-Ball
-Drink
-Eat
-Hungry
-Sorry (pretty sure he is just signing please)
Lincolns favorite sign is please. He does it when I tell him no, when he want more food, when he is hungry, when he wants something, wants to be held, and basically has learned that if he signs please I give him what he wants. He also signs eat a lot and ball which looks like more but he squeezes his fingers. I love that he can tell me what he wants even if it just means crawling to what he wants.

Lincoln is amazing at walking around furniture. He will walk around the living room over and over using the walls, piano, couches, and even me.

Lincoln stands up now all by himself. He is kind of wimpy so he doesn't do it for more than 15 or 20 seconds. He also is great at walking with me holding one of his hands. I don't know if he will walk before his first birthday and I don't really want him to, he is just so fast at crawling and dang cute too!

Lincoln has learned that balls go in hoops and things. So he takes the balls to the bath tub and throws them in. Haha! This is usually when I am taking a bath.

Opening and closing doors and repeatedly slamming them against the wall nearly kills me. I smile cause he is just exploring, but I am so worried about him pinching his fingers!

Falling and sliding on his belly is Lincolns newest way to get attention. He falls and looks at me like "look mom I fell" and then does it again. Oh my gosh I love it!

as for everything else, he is just like other babies, babbling, saying mamamama and dadadadada and eating things off the floor, carrying toys around in his mouth, getting into stuff, dumping out things, and messing up the house! And of course being as cute as ever! We love you Lincoln!

2 comments:

Jarmandashmar said...

Seriously, you don't know that they're gonna walk until the day they do it and he is so close! Plus, he's got a month:) It's so fun to read all of these things on your blog and then see him do them, love it:) He's adorable!

The Hargrave Clan said...

You are the best mom ever, Heather! Lincoln is so cute, and such a smartie! What a great little family you have.