Sunday, March 21, 2010

You might be a redneck if…

You can either cry, get mad, or laugh

A couple of days ago I received a text message from my friend Amanda, it read “Heather, what is in front of your parents house?” Well I began thinking of all the stuff that she might be talking about. Then, I began laughing and decided I was going to start my redneck posts. This post is dedicated to two of my best friends Haley and Chantell who both found the laughter in my redneck family.

pregp 604 This picture may seem normal to the average viewer, but when I posted it on my blog a year ago my friend Chantell pointed out my dad playing with his dead deer in the background. I never would have noticed this.

Alright on to the recent stuff.

My brother Ryan, diligently following in his father’s footsteps, has been watching a show called “Axe Men” on T.V.  So, he decided to chop down our biggest tree and now it has been sitting in my parents back yard like this.

lincoln 11-12 059

He then wondered out loud to Scott “If I light the tree on fire do think it will actually burn?”

Scott said “Probably not, but if it does it will burn down the house”

Ryan said, with a tank of gasoline “Only one way to find out!” and they went outside and dumped gasoline on the tree and attempted to light the tree on fire.

Here are a few more pictures

This is the stove that replaced the refrigerator that held our dead deer and elk. I wonder how many years it will sit there for?

lincoln 11-12 060

My dad likes animals…a lot. This is the food that has been sitting on their back porch for two weeks now

LiveJournal Tags:

. He left it there for his animal friends. Apparently, they didn’t want it. 

lincoln 11-12 062

4 comments:

Lisa and Randy said...

It's true...It's true...ALL OF IT'S TRUE!! We ARE a redneck family!!! Does dad still have broken cars and snowmobiles in the back field??

The Hargrave Clan said...

Hahahahaha! Thank you so much for posting this! It made me realize just how much I miss you and your family...and especially you dad! Haha! Oh, how I miss the way he would say my name with an extra syllable (Hay-uh-lee). Oh, and what WAS in the front yard that Amanda called you about? :)

Chantell Hammond said...

Heather, this post showed me how much you care about me. You are my favorite! I love your family, in all their redneck style. The stove on the back deck was an especially nice touch. Love it.

Katie said...

I completely love your redneck-dad and the entire rest of your redneck-family! Its what makes you guys so interesting. :)