Monday, January 24, 2011

Movie Reviews!

So, I’ve never done this before, but I have recently gone to the movies and rented a lot and there were soooo many good movies that I need to talk about them!

Be prepared for 10 Reviews (I got a little excited)

MegaMind

I give this movie  5STARS

Who doesn’t love superhero genre? An original story line that had me laughing the entire time. I couldn’t stop thinking about it and wanted to watch it the next day. It was light and happy, witty and completely appropriate for a family to watch. I am going to add this to my “Must Own” list.

Tangled

I give this movie 5STARS

Wow! This movie had me smiling from the time I sat down to the time I went to sleep. I might have even smiled during my sleep! I love Disney Movies, but my only complaint for the older ones is the princesses have NO personality. Rapunzle, however, did not lack in that category. She was so fun, happy, innocent and reminded me of a younger me.

One Random thought: Did anyone else think it sad that her mother died at the end? Her mother raised her and took care of her, and even though her intentions were wrong it doesn’t change the fact that she was still her mom. That part bothered me.

Chronicles of Narnia:Voyage of the Dawn Treader

I give this movie 3.5 STARS

I love the Narnia movies! I have gone to see all of them with my best friend Haley. It’s a tradition we started accidentally.  In this movie the characters have become beyond boring and without the newest character Eustace this movie would have been a complete disaster. I did enjoy watching it and there were some exciting and intense moments. But my sweet Lucy is grown up and I loved her! The first one is still my favorite. Haley thought it was the best of the three and informed me that she “Hates" all Narnia Movies and only goes because I make her :)

(Some pictures of us after the movie)

IMG_2765

IMG_2756

IMG_2774

How Do You Know

2.5 STARS

I don’t know why I paid 8 dollars to see this movie when I made a promise to myself that I would NEVER pay to see a chick flick again, unless I heard AMAZING reviews about it. I love Reese Witherspoon! I want to name my first daughter after her. She’s my favorite Chick flick girl actress, so why did she do this movie? Why Reese why? It was so boring! I think I might have laughed twice. Oh, and the ending? What ending? I’m still mad about it. It leaves me asking “How do you know” this movie sucks?

Easy: Whoever wrote this movie seemed to think he was some Shakespeare, and Shakespeare is boring.

The thing I have about chick flicks

I either LOVE them or I absolutely ABHORE them. They go hand in hand with comedies:if they have a fresh story line, are done right and have fitting actors they can be some of my favorite movies.

Unstoppable

I give this movie 4 STARS

This movie was intense! It had me on the edge of my seat the entire time. I would have changed a few things to make the story line a little more personal to the characters, but overall it was done well. A movie I wouldn’t own, but is definitely a must see. I loved it and it definitely had me thinking.

 

       *some older movies*

Eat Pray Love

g

I give this movie 3 STARS

I actually enjoyed this movie. I rented it and watched it on my own and I cried a lot during it. Julia Roberts did an excellent job and although I did find her character very selfish and immature, it was a love story that gave me goose bumps. It had it’s extremely boring parts, but  meditating and clearing the mind is fascinating to me.

Easy A

I give this movie 4.5 STARS

Oh my! I love, love this movie. I laughed the entire time! I rented it one night because my sister said it was good. I wasn’t expecting much but it was hilarious! I had to watch it the next morning too and if it wasn’t so dirty I would definitely own it. I love the book, “The Scarlet Letter” and it was a fun play off of it.  Emma Stone did an amazing job acting and I told Scott, “I definitely think we could be friends”.

Despicable Me

I give this movie 4 STARS

The first time I watched it, I wasn’t impressed. Then I reminded myself that this movie was written for kids, not adults. The second time around, I loved it! It was a cute story that I definitely want to own. Some of my favorite quotes come from it. The little girls were adorable and although the ending was predictable it was perfect.

SALT

I give this movie 5 STARS

This movie was even better than I expected and I knew it would be good. Some compare it to the “Bourne” movies, and although I love them, they’re a little confusing to me. This story was intense, dramatic and perfectly clear. There were unexpected parts, believable action and was written so well that I didn’t know if I could trust the main character. I will own this movie and I am excited for the sequel!

Inception

I give this movie 5 STARS

With its multi level dreams this movie can be hard to follow. I was, unbelievably, able to keep up with it and therefore absolutely loved it. It’s one of those movies that you can discuss for hours after it’s over. It even had me wondering if life is some strange dream state. Do you think the end was just apart of a dream or was it real life? His children turned and looked at him, unlike in his dreams. Must be real!

One part that bothered me: He said that they grew old together right? So, why were they young when they killed themselves on the railroad tracks to escape the dream?

2 comments:

Nancy said...

I love reading people's reviews on movies! I'll have to see some of these! I want to see "Tangled" SOOOO bad! I loved "Despicable Me" even though I thought I would hate it. And I thought I would love "Salt" but for me it was too predictable and boring. And "Inception" I couldn't make up my mind on, it wasn't a new concept for me but it was still well done. So I would probably give it 3 stars.

Maria said...

Thanks for your reviews!! That was fun to read. We should watch a good movie together sometime :)