Friday, March 11, 2011

The Whole Grain Problem

WARNING: TMI post

Now that I have been adding whole grains to our diet in an attempt to be healthier, I will admit I have over done it. 

Wednesday Dinner
Me: I made whole wheat German pancakes!
Scott: yay (said sarcastically)
Me: These are better than the original ones! Eating healthy even tastes yummier!
Scott looking grumpy: The only reason they taste better is because you dumped a cup of syrup on them. 
Me: Stop being so negative
Scott: All I do is poop now.
Me: It's healthy to poop
Scott: All the time?! I eat whole grains for breakfast, lunch, dinner and even my snacks have turned all whole grainy!
Me: Don't be so dramatic

Last nights dinner:
Me: I made whole grain soup!
Scott: This is no longer normal.
Me: It tastes waaaay good if you ignore the chunks, whole wheat flour tends to clump.
Scott: If I eat anymore whole grains I am going to turn into a cow.
Me (chewing on whole wheat garlic bread): It's healthy. 
Scott: I don't even notice when I poop!
Me: That doesn't even make sense scott.
Scott: I think you're trying to kill me!
Me: Wait til month 6 of being healthy, then you can complain
Scott looking scared: What is month 6?
Me: Hyrdrogenated oils
Scott blinking excessively: unless that involves making me constipated I refuse. 

Lunch Today:
Me(making Scott's sandwich): This is a very healthy sandwich.
Scott staring at the mayo with surprise: Whole Grain Mayo!?!?

Maybe we have too much fiber in our diet. Maybe.

1 comment:

The Hargrave Clan said...

Hahahaha! This had me laughing out loud. You are a great writer, Heather...and a very healthy eater :)