Monday, April 18, 2011

Easter Egg Decorating

I decided I wanted to decorate Easter eggs. I bought the eggs, boiled the eggs and got the egg dye.

It was a blast for the kids and a lot of cleaning and demanding for me. I don’t know where the parents ran off to, but I took these five kids on like a champ!

I’m not sure why, but the bright color of vinegar water makes every child thirsty.

Lincoln decided to spoon himself some dye,

“Don’t eat that!” I screamed.

Cohen decided to drink some dye,

“Why are you drinking it!?”

Kolby thought maybe the dye was tasty, “Should I eat it Heather?” he asked.

“What? Why would you want to drink dye?” I asked.

“Lincoln and Cohen did.”

“They are two, Kolby, you are eight.” I sighed, “You know what, taste it, I hear it’s delicious”.

Tasting the vinegar water, “That stuff is nasty!”

……………………………………………………………………….

IMG_3895IMG_3912I also said:

“Get OFF the table!”

“Where is your shirt?”

“CRAP! You poured it on the floor again!”

“Why are we smashing the eggs with the spoons?”

“You dyed that one ten times already”

IMG_3900 IMG_3903

IMG_3921

IMG_3923

Eventually the eggs were completed.IMG_3933

Kolby came up with a brilliant idea, “Now we can hide the eggs for the adults outside!”

All I heard was “outside” and thrilled to have them outside and me inside sounded like a great idea, “Good idea Kolby, only hide the broken ones though.”

A few minutes later they had all the eggs in a basket, “I told you, you can only hide the broken ones.”

Lexi had a quick answer, “but they are ALL broken Heather”

“No they aren’t” I said scanning the eggs looking for one that wasn’t cracked.

Lexi smiled, “Yea they are, we broke them all!”

Smart kids.

1 comment:

Nancy said...

Haha! That's funny! I'm planning an egg dying night sometime this week. I guess I'll see how my kids do...