Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Dead or Alive?

For work I had to drive to the bank to do a quick bank deposit. When I pulled into the parking lot, I noticed this old man in his car. His head was cocked backwards and his eyes were closed. Basically he looked dead.

I went into the bank

I came out of the bank

The old man was still in his car and I was sure that he must be dead. So, being the loving/caring person that I am, I went over to check on him.

I rapped my fingers on his window..... no reaction.

"Oh my gosh! He really is dead!" I thought and I opened up his car door.

The moment the door opened his head snapped forward, "WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!?" he growled.

I literally jumped two feet, and that is saying something cause I was wearing 3 inch heels.

"I'm so sorry!" I said backing up and feeling extremely embarrassed.

"WHAT DO YOU WANT?!" he looked really scary, and I was afraid he might have a heart-attack.

"I thought you were dead," I said, trying to explain myself.

"Dead?" he asked.

"Yea?"

"What cause I am old?" his wrinkles were shaking with anger.

"Ummmmmmm" and I ran for my car.

When I left he was mumbling something about "being too old" and I honestly couldn't agree more.

2 comments:

Nate and Chelsea Peck said...

hahahah thats awesome. I would have totally just left him there cause i dont have the guts.

Nancy said...

Haha! I love your stories!