Wednesday, August 17, 2011

How to Make a Healthy, Yummy Fruit Smoothie

One of my favorite treats is a fruit smoothie. I make them almost every day. Especially for breakfast!

Step 1: Gather ingredients!

-A cup of each of your favorite frozen fruits: I chose pineapples and mangos today. Strawberries and bananas are great too.

-One container of your favorite yogurt: Today I used fat free lime yogurt.

-One cup of Almond Milk: It only has 60calories and is SO yummy.

-Apple or orange juice added to desired thickness: I used apple juice.

smoothie 1

smoothie 2

Step 2: Find yourself a little helper

IMG_5410

Step 3: Add the ingredients! Use as much apple juice as you want depending on how thick you want it.

smoothie 11

smoothie 10

smoothie 9

Step 4: Blend it up and pour yourself a glasssmoothie 8

Step 5: Enjoy!

smoothie 6

smoothie 7

smoothie 4

One of my favorite memories of my dad is him making milkshakes. Almost once a week he would throw a bunch of ingredients together and make the family a tasty treat. I loved it! It was always a fun surprise to see what he would invent. Now I get to do the same thing with my son, but this time it is fruit smoothies!

2 comments:

Nate and Chelsea Peck said...

Yum! I will have to try the almond milk...that sounds good! I always make a big batch, take what I want out for me and whoever else, and then add veggies for Broden's...I'll add spinach, broccoli, whatever...and he doesn't even notice! :P It's my way of making sure he gets his veggies too!

Maria said...

Love me some smoothies!

I do this one when I need like a dessert or just something chocolate.

Bunch of frozen strawberries, a banana (sometimes two), and some chocolate soy milk. YUMMM.