Tuesday, August 30, 2011

New Workout Shoes

My dad has recently discovered the D.I, the local place where people donate stuff they no longer want. While hanging out at my parents my dad came into the living room.

“I bought you some new workout shoes,” he said.

“Really?” I was excited! Who doesn’t like new shoes? Although I was a little worried he had gotten the wrong shoe size.

Turns out size was the least of my worries.shoes

“What are they dad?” I asked lifting them up.

“No idea! But I got them for eight dollars. If I knew how to work that googlythinger I would figure out what they are.”

I took the honor of searching Google for him. After searching every phrase possible I found a similar pair on E-bay for ten dollars.

“Sorry dad, they are only worth ten dollars.” I showed him the E-bay ad.

“I knew I could make money, but I think I’m gonna keep em,” he said staring at them fondly.

He then proceeded to show me the other goods he found at the D.I for unbelievable prices. 

Three plastic trees, a bush and a creepy doll.

IMG_5791

“Can you believe the stuff people throw away?” my dad asked shaking his head with disgust.

“No dad, I can’t believe it at all,” I mumbled glancing at the metal shoes.

My mom had a few words to say about it too, “People don’t even like porcelain dolls anymore!” she shrieked, “AND he made the most horrific muffins!” she huffed.

Now the muffins are definitely something to be upset about.

2 comments:

The Hargrave Clan said...

hahaha! I was laughing so hard through this entire thing. I love love you family :)

Nancy said...

Haha! Those are some pretty freaky shoes! I love seeing what random, crazy, stuff they have a DI.