Sunday, November 6, 2011

I'm Gonna...

Lincoln is on a new kick where he tells me what he is going to do before doing it.

It snowed the other day and he looked at me and said, "I'm gonna get snow". He was wearing a summer shirt and no shoes. I attempted putting warmer clothes on him, but he wouldn't have it.

I shook my head, "If you want to freeze, go right ahead".

He opened the door and got himself a ball of snow along with red toes and a runny nose.

Later he told me he was "gonna fix his car" and went to get his tools.

Another time he grabbed a treat from the closet, "I'm gonna eat this treat," before shoving it in his mouth. It doesn't matter what it is, he tells me what he is gonna do and then he does it. Only two years and already avoids asking for permission.

So, when I was giving him a bath and he grabbed my razor and said, "I'm gonna....." I was interested in what exactly he had planned for my razor.

"What are ya gonna do Lincoln?" I questioned sternly. He KNOWS he is not allowed to touch my razor.

He smiled at me, "I'm gonna shave my legs".

"Nope, can't do that" I said grabbing the razor.

"I CAN! I'M GONNA SHAVE MY LEGS!" he screamed reaching for it.

He threw a good long tantrum and I had a good long laugh.

In fact I am still laughing.

No comments: