Sunday, December 11, 2011

Singing at Church

Today I went to church with my mom. Lincoln did okay through most of it, and by okay he only had to get a drink twice, threw his socks and shoes once and didn't attempt to remove his pants at all.

After two hours, we all stood up to sing the last song. As soon as we began singing Lincoln yelled out, "No! Not this song! No!" and he pointed furiously to the front.

I tried to quiet him down, but every time I would try singing he would yell, "STOP! I wanna go home! Stop!".

I finally sat down by him and he yelled at me pointing at my mom, "papa is singing!". He didn't want anyone singing.

I don't think they could have picked a longer song. My poor child was acting as though the end of the world was here, yelling, "stop" and "no more" every few seconds. My mom stopped singing too in an attempt to calm him down.
Eventually the song ended and Lincoln stopped shouting out.

We left quickly. I'm just glad church is only once a week.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love my boy!

Brautkleider said...

nice photo! cute