Sunday, January 15, 2012

Papa’s and Daddy’s

Lincoln has his way of things and there is simply no way to convince him to change his mind.

Since he could talk all old people are called, “papa” and it doesn’t matter if their actually grandmas or not even his grandparents. If you’re old, you’re papa.

We recently have been trying really hard to get him to call my mom “grandma”, but he won’t have it.

Last week he was whining for, “papa”.

“Do you want grandma or papa?” I asked.

“I want papa!” he cried.

“You want papa? Or do you want grandma?” I was hoping he would start separating the two.

“I want bigger papa” and that was that. He now is very specific about who he wants. My mom is “baby papa” and my dad is “bigger papa.”

But it doesn’t end there. I have lost the title of “mom” altogether. I am now “baby daddy” and Scott is “big dad”.

All parents are dads. All old people are papas. And all kids smaller than him are babies.

It just makes me laugh for now. He better figure it out or when he gets to kindergarten and announces he has two dads and two papas, teachers are going to be very confused.

IMG_7323

IMG_7329

IMG_7521

No comments: