Friday, February 15, 2013

Maverick is Seven Months Old

 IMG_4061 Likes:

  • Exploring the house
  • Food
  • Being thrown, wrestled and punched repeatedly in the stomach.
  • Playing in the water
  • Being outside
  • Grabbing, slapping and poking people
  • Being pesky
  • Lincoln
  • Bike Rides
  • Growling
  • Blowing bubbles and making noise

Eats/ Sleeps:

For two weeks he started waking up every two hours a night to eat. I thought it was because he had gotten off schedule from vacation and the flu, but after letting him cry it out, we quickly figured out he was starving to death! I just wasn’t producing enough milk. Poor baby! So he nurses the same during the day AND eats 12 ounces of food (rice cereal, applesauce, bananas, peas and carrots) a day! He sleeps 12 hours a night and 2-3 naps during the day depending on if we are out and about.

Wears:

  • 3-6 Month clothes except pajamas are too small
  • 6-9 Month Pajamas and onsies, pants and shirts are too big.
  • Size 3 diapers

Hates/ Dislikes;

Loud noises: Oh my goodness is this baby scared of the vacuum! It is so weird because he use to just sit there and stare at it in awe. Now whenever I vacuum, he gets so scared he sits there and shakes while screaming bloody murder. I always try to vacuum 2-3 times a week, but lately I feel like it is child abuse, so limit it to once. He also hates the blender, beater and bathroom fans.

Nicknames:

  • Mav
  • Mavo
  • Monster Man
  • Lil Fella

Milestones:

Maverick has hit some major milestones this month!

  • Sits up at six months: This took him forever to do and still he is not that great because he wants to crawl!
  • Sits up on his own at six months: He literally learned to sit up on his own from the crawling position at the same time he learned to just sit.
  • Crawling: He started trying to crawl at six months, but would only do a hand or two. Within two weeks he mastered it and crawls all over the house.
  • He started climbing up furniture and thinks it is hilarious! The first time he really did it, he was laughing hysterically and when he stood up he was so excited he fell flat on his back.

Extra:

Maverick always crosses his feet and has since the day he was born(I can’t believe I haven’t written it). When he started crawling his legs kept getting in the way because his feet were always crossed. IMG_4071

He doesn’t grab and hold his feet. Lincoln always had his feet in his hands, so it is weird to me. He is incredibly inflexible!

Learned to crawl before he mastered sitting up, so I missed that whole stage where they just sit there and play.IMG_4141

Here is a video of him I took a few weeks ago when he was first learning to crawl. I LOVE the first time they start crawling because it is so awkward!

Gets into everything! His favorite thing to do is take out all the dvds.IMG_4014 IMG_4012We had to put the crib rail up all the way since he tries to escape. He also got a bruise on his eye from smashing his face against the rail. 

IMG_4079 IMG_4075 IMG_4076 Always sticking out his tongue and blowing spit. He has Scott’s genes because he already can curl his tongue and Lincoln and I cannot.IMG_4077 “Hmmmmmmm, I wonder how far down that is?”IMG_4078

He doesn’t cry very much at all, instead he growls really loud. Like REALLY loud until he gets what he wants. In church he sits there making SO much noise, that even though he isn’t crying we have to take him out because he sounds like he is going to kill someone or he is pushing out a really hard terd (my mom is going to sigh at that one haha). I suppose it is better than crying, but only slightly.IMG_4156 IMG_4154

Maverick loves Lincoln and every month they grow closer together. The other night Scott was throwing them on the bed and Lincoln was laughing his crazy laugh while getting knocked repeatedly down by a pillow, and Mav was of course growling in-between laughs and getting flipped all over the place. As this was all going on, I joined in on the wrestling match and Scott said, “And you wanted girls?”. Having two boys is such an adventure and Mav is already crazy and loves wrestling and playing hard. I can’t imagine a better way to spend my night than wrestling with all three of my boys.

I snapped some pictures of my boys taking a bath together. I’m not gonna lie, it makes me tear up a little seeing how much they love each other.IMG_4128

IMG_4118

IMG_4117

IMG_4125

IMG_4121

Giving Mav baths is torture. He won’t stay still for half a second, and now takes bath on his stomach while crawling and attempting to climb everywhere. IMG_4136

IMG_4127

I love you Monster Man!IMG_4011

No comments: