Friday, July 10, 2015

FHE boating

On Sunday our church friends asked when we were going to take them boating. Scott said, "you set it up, and we will be there!"

Well they decided to go with it, and Sunday night I got a text, "boating for FHE. Meet at the Mortons. I'll bring dessert." It made me laugh, but I was excited! 

We showed up a little before we were suppose to get there, and I did some wakeboarding. I've been watching YouTube videos to learn some new tricks because I'm terrible and Scott is an even worse teacher. I know that sounds crazy, but I need to see how things are done!

I did a grounded 180(just switching which foot is forward while moving). But I could not go further than 15 feet with my right foot first. I crashed probably 5 times before calling that trick a dud! Then I tried jumping. Which scares the crap out of me! I'm terrified of catching an edge after having a horrible crash last year. Well I maybe got 6 inches out of the water (hooray!!) and did it several times. On the way back, I jumped and caught my stupid edge and flew forward on my face. It hurt! My lip immediately started swelling . Ugh! After that, I wakeboarded one more time, so I wouldn't end on that note. 

Then we went boating and tubing with our friends. I made Kara come too even though she was having an awful day. Obviously I would make her happier, and I did! I'm awesome. 

One of our friends gave the spiritual message, and then we had dessert. We ate Angel food cake and the boys went swimming off the dock. It was so fun! The water is super warm this year, and we all wanted to stay in it to keep warm. 

Anyways, we are really bad at having FHE, so it was good to get back into it. Maybe we'll be better at it!!

No comments: