Monday, January 19, 2009

life





Scott just recently got called as the Young Men's Basketball coach and boy was he really excited! He already is in the Young Men's presidency and can't seem to get enough of hanging out with the boys. Scott is pretty good at basketball and is determined to have a winning team, so of course they practice like three times a week and have a game a week. At first, the boys seemed quite the pathetic bunch ranging in a variety of shapes, sizes, ages, and skills but after a few practices they have really improved and I honestly am quite impressed. I go to all the practices and cheer them on. I played for an hour on Friday and I don't think I will do that again. My pubic bone feels like it is splitting in half and now I waddle when I walk (very amusing to Scott). If Scott isn't playing basketball with the boys he is building snow jumps with them in the neighborhood and then getting pulled 25mph behind a fourwheeler and jumping 30-35 feet on his snowboard. I am usually the one pulling them and after three hours I can barely turn the dang thing!
It is really sad that we have finally found the ward that we fit in with and now our house is up for sale. We both have the best callings anyone could ask for (Young Women's secretary and Young Men's secretary) and have more friends than we have had since we met. Almost every other week a family invites us over for dinner and we can never get away from church on Sunday because everyone wants to talk. Our ward is perfect, everyone is friends. During the summer Scott went dirtbiking at least three times a week and it was always with someone in the ward. Just today I lent out my snowboard to a girl and her dad asked if Scott would come along and teach her how to snowboard in exchange for a ticket to targhee. I really don't want to leave this ward and kind of hope our house doesn't sell. Scott has made a huge impact in Young Mens, when once no one would show up to mutual now almost everyone goes. I just feel like we are suppose to be here and somehow everything will work out. Scott still doesn't have a job and I have sadly gone back to work at Taco Bell, but somehow a miracle happens every month and we are able to pay all our bills. I truly feel blessed to live where I live and to have so many people who care about us. Scott's family has been awesome and offered to help us out as much as they can, of course I am stubborn and refuse to let anyone help us until we don't have a penny left to our name. I was always told that when struggles with money come it can really hurt your marriage and affect who you are. For some reason it has done quite the opposite and only made our marriage stronger. For the past two months Scott and I have read our scriptures together every night without fail and pray together. We rely completly on eachother and God. As frustrating as it is to not have a job I am actually very thankful for this trial. Often we forget how blessed we are and it is in those hard times that we are humbled and suddenly remember why we are here. I don't want to work at Taco Bell and believe me I have cried my share of tears; yet, I know that despite the pain of Taco Bell's concrete floors, the nasty smell, and long hours it will all be over soon and I'll have more respect for those hard-working mothers who give up so much of their time and energy to feed their family.

1 comment:

Katie said...

Good luck with everything! I hope you guys find some jobs soon and don't have to leave your ward. It sounds like you love it there.