Friday, February 11, 2011

Are you pregnant?

WARNING: This is a venting post

      If I am sick, grumpy, happy, healthy, bloated, tired or busy does NOT MEAN I AM PREGNANT!

      I  know I have an almost 2 year old, but why does that mean I have to be pregnant? If I get asked one more time “are you pregnant?” I might just scream! Sometimes being a girl is so frustrating. Before I was married anytime I was emotional at all people would mumble, “must be that time of the month,” now it’s switched to “must be pregnant”. Really? Can’t I cry because I am having a bad day?

      At LEAST twice a week someone asks when I am going to have baby number 2 and twice a week I respond, “I have no idea” and then they say,

Isn’t Lincoln almost two though?”

or

Well are you trying?”

or

You don’t want your kids far apart do you?”

or

Don’t you want Lincoln to have someone to play with?”

      And so I am throwing this out there for all those that are wondering and thinking of asking me.

     I am not pregnant today, tomorrow and I am not going to be pregnant for a VERY long time. How long is “VERY long"? I am not sure, probably 2, 3, 4 or even 5 years.

Several Reasons:

1. Now is not the time for us to have a baby. Life is a little crazy and it simply would not be smart.

2. I feel strongly that having kids is something that should be thought about over a period of time. Through prayer and discussion with my husband is how we will decide when the “time is right” for us.

3. Lincoln is my baby. I am enjoying Lincoln every day and he still seems like a baby to me that I don’t need to have another one. I want to give him all my love and attention and provide more than just his needs.

4. I am selfish.

5. Last but most important: Yes it would be awesome if Lincoln had a sibling to play with but Lincoln has family and to me that is good enough…….

A loving “Papa” to kiss me better

IMG_2872

A daddy to show me “boy stuff”

IMG_2853

A cousin to teach me cool tricksIMG_2823

An Uncle to play withIMG_2512

A cousin to be best friends withIMG_2532

A cousin to play in mommy’s makeup withIMG_2976 

A mommy to love meIMG_2812

A grandma to spoil meIMG_2835

And even a cousin to pick on

IMG_2864

Lincoln is surrounded by people that love and care for him and I am POSITIVE that the lack of a sibling is not hurting him in anyway.

                   ***I hope no one was offended***

5 comments:

Maria said...

So ARE you pregnant?

JUST KIDDING!!!!!!! I think you are more responsible and mature for feeling the way you do. Around here there is so much pressure to have lots of babies fast. Everyone and every family is different. Do not feel pressured. Lincoln is still super young! Don't let people's comments make you feel bad they are probably just curious bc popping out a baby every 1.5 years around here is the norm. Your awesome Heather and Lincoln is a very lucky and CUTE little boy!

Adrienne Dial said...

Hey Heather! This is Adrienne! (from work lol) I am so glad that you posted this! I feel the exact same way! Ethan is 14 months old, and people want to know when I'm popping out another! It's so frustrating! If people don't like it, then they can suck it! =]] Miss you!

Nate and Chelsea Peck said...

Hey, i was thinking that you probably get asked that a lot cause you live in rexburg. where we are no one asked me that except close friends, and people are even surprised to see now that im having my babies so close when they will be 2 1/2 years apart..which is still close for worldly timing, yet far for rexburg timing. cause everyone there seems to have their babies 9 months apart! lol hope you guys are doing good..we miss you!

Nancy said...

I'm glad you posted this. It's nobody's business when you have your kids. It's up to you, your husband and the lord. I hate when people judge on when you have kids be it you had them 9 months apart or 7 years apart. Sometimes it's not an accident that you had them super close or sometimes you just aren't ready to have them semi close. You are awesome and it's your life not anyone else's. You and Lincoln are so cute and you have a special bond with him and no matter what that will never go away.

Alison and Troy said...

Ya! people should mind their own business. Maybe you should say something like "we can't" just to make them feel bad (but that would be lying) or "we're not, but it looks like you'r starting to show" (but that would be rude). Fun to think about though I'd never actually say it.