Tuesday, February 15, 2011

I HATE Valentine’s Day

It’s true I hate this day with a passion and I intend to hate it for the rest of my life! I believe it started in 7th grade, when all the girls in school started getting flowers, balloons and chocolates delivered to them and I always left the school empty handed.

Of course it only got worse when Amanda became my best friend.

This hottie had a boyfriend EVERY single Valentine’s Day. I am not exaggerating at all. Every Valentines! She would be single and then just days before she suddenly would have Prince Charming drooling over her, and when I say drool I mean it. They would shower her with more gifts than I could dream of getting from Santa.  It was like magic! I, on the other hand, was cursed! I had my boyfriends, but somehow they never quite made it to the “Love” day.

So, that is where my hate stemmed from.

Now it is worsened by the entire way media plays on it. Love CANNOT be bought.

Real Love is unconditional but society has taught us that it is conditional. That if we give presents, behave correctly and do everything perfect then we will be loved.

BUT THAT IS NOT REAL LOVE

For example: If every time you gave me a piece of chocolate and I said  “I love you” would you feel overwhelmed with love. NO! Because the only reason I said it is because I actually love chocolate, not you (well I might love you too)

We LOVE the flowers, the chocolate, the cards and stuffed animals of Valentine’s Day. I would feel more loved getting those things on any other day than the day that it is expected.

Anyways, I did celebrate this day, like everyone else, but instead of bragging about how loved I am, I am going to share 20 random things I do love.

1. I love doing random stupid things, like getting pulled on a skateboard.Work pics 071 2. I love baths! At the end of every day I fill the bathtub with bubbles and hot water. professional 007

3. Animals! I love animals and the Zoo!

lincoln 4-4.5 months 183

4. I love hiking! That feeling of accomplishment feels soooo good when you reach the top.

lincoln 5-5.5months 016

5. I love anything and everything to do with being a girl.lincoln 5-5.5months 140

6. I love food…. there is no food I hate, except V87-8months 066

7. Newborns. The newborn stage is still my favorite and when ever I see a brand new baby all I want to do is hold it.Lincoln in the Hospital 114

8. Summer! By far my favorite time of year. I love sun.DSC07005

9. Castles! I want to sleep in a castle so bad!castle

10. Monkeys! My favorite monkey is the pygmy. IMG_1085

11. Decorating! I may be terrible at it but I still love it!IMG_3104

12. Sledding

IMG_3090

13. Familyfamily edit 13

14. Painting my toespregp 515

15. Best Friendspregp 570

16. Pregnancy

pregp 536

17. I LOVE Movies (This was the opening night of Twilight, lol, my least favorite movie)pregp 018

18. Jumping on the trampolinepregp 395

19. Holidays (except Valentine’s day)

pregp 055

20. last but not least, I love Reading and writing!

I of course love MANY, MANY more things! What do you love?

4 comments:

The Hargrave Clan said...

Well Don't worry Heather. You were my friend in high school too and I'm pretty sure I never even HAD a boyfriend. Ever. That should make you feel pretty good...and it sort of makes me feel like a loser... :)

TEN said...

I love YOU! and the picture of you on that trampoline.

walkerbunch said...

I love all those things, except I've never ridden on a skateboard behind a car and I'm sorry, but I LOVE V8.

Maria said...

I do not love Valentines day either! I guess I dont hate it, just think it's kinda of silly for the same reasons you mentioned. It is really just an excuse for people to make money on flowers, chocolates, and cards.

But I do love having someone to love and that loves me back everyday, not just Valentines day. It's the little unexpected things that really make someone feel loved.

P.S. I LOVED this post :)