Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Singing in Primary

This post is of course forever late, but that is how I roll. Several months ago, Lincoln was still in nursery with all the other toddlers three an under. When the little primary children would go to the front of the church and sing, Lincoln would beg us to let him go! I would tell him that he had to wait until he was in primary.

Then Christmas time came, and all the little children went to the front of the church to sing special songs about Jesus, I told Lincoln that in a couple of weeks he would be in primary and could go sing. The first of January was when Lincoln would get to join the primary class, and the night before Sunday I told him he got to go to primary the next day.

He was SOOOOOOOO excited! I mean so excited he actually went to bed without asking for fifty bedtime stories and seven glasses of water. The next morning he woke up and happily ran to our bedroom telling us that today he got to go to primary.

When we got to church, he sat down and folded his arms. When the opening song started he leaned up to mean and asked, “Am I in primary?”

“Yes you are” I whispered and before I had a moment to think about it, he was running as fast as he could all the way to the front of the church. Scott and I looked at each other confused. He sat up at the front behind the bishop with a big smile on his face. He was positive that being in primary actually meant he got to sit at the front and sing all the songs.

Scott ran up to get him and Lincoln cried because he was so devastated. I was worried that he would never go up there again!

Well fast-forward to father’s day and Lincoln got to go to the front of the church with all the primary children and sing his daddy a song. He was the smallest one up there and one of three kids that did the actions to the songs. He was stinking adorable that I couldn’t stop smiling, especially when he blew a “great big kiss”.  I never knew how much I would love watching him sing up there, my cheeks hurt I was smiling so big. It is moments like these that I am so happy to be a mama!

IMG_5073IMG_5078IMG_5089

No comments: