Saturday, December 13, 2008

Graduation!!!



My amazing mom got Scott and I the coolest graduation gifts, a cherry crib and dresser/baby changer!! I was so excited that I couldn't stop smiling. She was going to give us money, but she figured we would spend it on boring bills and not really love it. I am so excited she didn't because Scott would't have let us spend it on anything fun. She was worried Scott wouldn't like it, but I think he was more excited than me, except for the fact that he won't let me take it out of the box. I love my family!

Scott's parents were unable to come to graduation so my parents were the replacements. They really are proud of Scott, afterall he is the first inlaw to graduate.




This is my favorite picture of Scott!! He is dang handsome...


Yesterday was one of the most exciting and fulfilling days of my life. Not only had I accomplished the one goal I have had since I was a little girl, but I got to graduate with my best friend. I don't think I ever dreamed of graduating with my husband, things like that just never seem to work out. However, we are both completly finished with school; no more classes, internships, tests, nothing, we really are finished! I really feel like I have done what I am suppose to and what every young adult should do, get a career. On Sunday, I taught Young Womens and my lesson just happened to be on striving to get a degree, and I felt like I could really teach the material because I had been through the entire process. I am blessed that I was able to get through my classes and challenges and get my degree in an area that I truly love and have a passion for. Even though I am pretty proud of myself, I am even happier for Scott. He truly is amazing and even graduated with above a 3.8 GPA, he's a lot smarter than me.
Alright, so as for the graduation I have a slightly embarrassing confession. Scott and I really wanted to walk together and so one of us would have to graduate with the other's major. I have a lot of really good friends in my major and I wanted to graduate with them and Scott claims he is friends with everyone in his major (he probably is) and he wanted to graduate with them. At last I convinced Scott to graduate with me and I made all the arrangements. Well, we went to the Kirkam auditorium and sat down and waited for graduation to start. I was really confused why I didn't recognize anyone and was beginning to wonder why none of my friends were walking. In the mean time, Scott was reading over his name card and pointed at where his major was graduating. I looked down at my name card and noticed a different building than the one we were in. "Crap, we are in the wrong building" and we both started laughing really hard. However, graduation had begun and there was no turning back. I am sure when they read our majors, health and construction, that we fit perfectly in with psychology and social work, haha! Well, it was alright we still graduated, got to walk together, and even got to wear our cool caps and get pictures.

2 comments:

Katie said...

YAY! HOORAY! Congratulations you guys! That is so exciting. Isn't it such a great feeling to finally be done and know that you are done. How fun that you and Scott were able to walk together too. That is very cool (and what a great story you'll have to share with your kids about your graduation day and being in the wrong building). You guys looked great! Congrats again.

Jarmandashmar said...

Heather I'm so excited for you! That's really an amazing accomplishment and I hope that I get there too:) You look amazing by the way for being as far along as you are, love you lots. Please keep me updated with when you're moving and stuff!