Thursday, September 8, 2011

Bugs for Breakfast

As a mom, I try everything to get Lincoln to eat his meals. I recently developed a method that has been working quite fantastically.

Lincoln loves the movie “A Bug’s Life,” so for breakfast the other day I made him pancakes with chocolate chips and called them bugs.bugs 1

“Lincoln, come eat some bugs!” I showed him the pancakes.

He picked at the chips and whined, “Eww, bugs dirty.”

“Not these bugs! Mmmmmmmm these bugs are soooooo tasty!” I said chomping on my pancake.

He took the bait and tried a taste, “Mommy! Bugs yummy!”

I was proud. Another successful meal eaten.bugs 3

Today, he was playing outside when he saw some ants. He bent down real close to it and asked, “Mommy, yummy bug?”

Crap! I tried to explain to him that only the bugs in his food were yummy. His confused face made me realize I would need to try a new tactic.

It suddenly seemed slightly wrong that we call chicken “birdys,” ham “piggys,” and hotdogs “puppies”.

He is gonna start thinking it is okay to eat pets.

bugs 2


Heather

1 comment:

Nancy said...

haha! That's funny! Sometimes I wonder how my kids are still alive because I have such a hard time getting them to eat!