Friday, September 9, 2011

Singing and the Shoe

Lincoln has this habbit of throwing stuff from his carseat to the front of the car. I am usually pretty good about removing all items, but yesterday I forgot to remove his shoes.

I was busy singing my heart out to some awesome music when Lincoln decided to be annoyed.

"STOP" he would scream, so naturally I would sing louder.

"NOOOOOOO! Stop mom!" he was near tears. I swear I am a gifted singer and haven't the faintest idea why he was so upset. I really couldn't resist the urge to sing even louder.

While he continued begging me to stop, I took a quick peek back to see his expression.

Whack!

Bad timing! He threw his shoe at the exact moment I turned. I nearly crashed the car. I had to pull over to control the tears that were brimming.

Turns out I survived. My cheek is a little sore and he took a good chunk of skin off with a single hit, but all is well.


As I was rubbing my cheek Lincoln kept asking, "Okay mom?". He felt awful about it. He is so protective of me and whenever I get hurt at all he gets so concerned.



I don't think he will be throwing his shoes anymore and I don't think I will be singing anymore. Well maybe not singing so loud ;)

No comments: