Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Stylish Mommy

I have always tried to avoid the “Mom Stereotype” image. 

Mom jeans: I don’t wear them

Ponytail: Hair is not even long enough

No make-up: Not a chance

Giant over-sized diaper bag: I carry a purse

Tennis shoes: I totally wear high heels

I thought I had the image beat. Today we went to Wal-Mart, and as Lincoln and I were shopping, I started to get some funny looks and strange stares. Ignoring them was the best I could do, but I kept wiping at my face worried there was something there.

When I got to the register and began checking out, the cashier asked, “Is that your hat?”

I blinked at her slightly confused and slowly reached up to the hat I had subconsciously placed on my head.

“Oh,” I said, now understanding the strange looks.

Cool stylish mom, FAIL

IMG_6071

Note to self: Next time Lincoln throws his hat on the ground, stick it in my purse and not on my head.

IMG_6110

1 comment:

Alison and Troy said...

I TOTALY find my self doing "mommy" things and it is so embarrassing. I think it' unavoidable