Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Smart Thief

A few months ago I stopped using my debit card. It never swiped right and I felt bad making the cashier type in each number by hand. I used cash instead.

Well the other night Scott was looking over the bank statement and began freaking out...... I have a small spending problem, eek! He couldn't figure out why I was buying gas twice a week and groceries three times a week AND I was taking out money too.

I couldn't figure it out either, "I don't even remember going there! I thought I bought gas twice a month not twice a week!"

After much deliberation and mild frustration, I remembered I never used my card.

"Wait, none of these transactions are me! I haven't used my card in over three months!" I was so thrilled that I wasn't blowing all our money, "I don't even know where my card is," I huffed.

"Really Heather?" Scott asked looking at me and waiting for the light to go on.

"Oh crap!" I said, realizing my card must be stolen. I have been paying for someone elses groceries and gas.

I haven't even felt mad or angry, I am still in complete awe at how brilliant that theif is! Spending so little money in such common places it went un-noticed for three months. And I have to give him credit, he picked the perfect person to rob-ME!

All this time I thought I was eating and driving too much.

No comments: