Friday, May 6, 2011

Talent

My dad entered a contest last year for a park plan in Idaho Falls. They wanted to add some unique benches to their park. Anyone was welcome to draw up their plan for a bench and then it would be voted on. They chose 3 bench plans, two were my dads.

This is his second bench. I didn’t realize it wasn’t wood until I knocked on it. Metal and he painted it to look like wood.

IMG_3975 IMG_3977 IMG_3979

IMG_3978

Pure Talent!

I often think about my parents and their insane ability to make something look beautiful out of anything. My mom can sew anything and my dad can build anything.

……..Then I wonder about myself……….

My art work looks comparable to my two-year-old son’s and I have no idea how to work a sewing machine. My mom bought me one for Christmas and it is currently in the box decorating my shelf.

After contemplating for several years I have come to the conclusion that my one talent in life is…..

the ability to write way too much!

Don’t believe me, just scroll down and once you have started, just keep scrolling because my blog is an endless amount of

                            WORDS!

2 comments:

Katie said...

That bench is amazing! Your dad is so talented. So is your mom.

Don't worry though, I feel the same way as you in my family. I'm surrounded by people who can sing and do other things... Some of our talents are just a little bit less visible than others. :)

Nancy said...

Wow, that's really cool!