Friday, May 6, 2011

Thank You President Obama

Wait! Is Heather really telling President Obama "thank you"?

Yes you danged Republicans: I AM

But this post has nothing to do with politics(sorry)

Anyways, I am soooooooo, sooooooooo, soooooo very happy right now and I have one person to thank

Our President of The United States

When I found out I was pregnant, I was more than just shocked. This baby is seriously a miracle, I have no idea how I got pregnant(don't worry I get the anatomy of it). But really, it doesn't even begin to make sense!

Anyways...............
Besides horrible timing, and several other things, one of my biggest concerns was how I was going to pay for this baby.

In January a new law was passed by Obama, that allowed any child (married, single, divorced) to be on their parents insurance until the age of 26. I was told that under this law it covers everything....except pregnancy. It was a huge blow and only added to the stress. I didn't want this baby to be a burden. After many, many tears, I spent a lot of hours praying that I would find a way to make it work.

Several phone calls later, I was informed that my parent's insurance covers pregnancy. Prayer answered!

BEST LAW EVER!

It gets better! I only have a $500 deductible and only have to pay 20% of the bills and only up to $5000 if costs get really pricey. If this baby is anything like Lincoln was, it is going to save me $20,000! I am working extra hard, extra hours and saving my money so that I can pay for the bills up front. (sigh of relief)

I can not even begin to tell you all how VERY, VERY, VERY happy I am! This is really a big deal and makes my life a hundred times easier.

So if you see me walking around like a dork with a big smile on my face, it's because I AM HAPPY and I feel like I outsmarted someone, I'm not sure who, but I definitely am getting the feeling that I did.

No comments: